I got a lot done today.
- I contacted all of my letter writers with information and, in some cases, specifics about what I would like them to write.
- I worked on updating my CV.
- I got our department moving forward on the idea of easily-editable, password-protected pages for each of our courses where faculty can post curriculum materials for the use of other faculty.
- And this is a good idea, and can be used in some other contexts as well. As someone who has taught so many different classes and reinvented the wheel so many different times, taking advantage of community wisdom would have been nice!
- I asked my student for a letter of recommendation. I think some places will think that’s weird. But I think the kind of place that I want to be will look at that and think, “Yes. This one.”
- I worked on my Statement of Teaching Philosophy. And it needs more work.
I was at work very late. Then I biked home. And now I am very tired.